- Production Code
- Broadcast Index
- Episode Number
- 17 December 1989
- Mimi Pond
- David Silverman
- Executive Producer
- James L. Brooks
- Gary M. Gadsdon
- Character Debuts:
- • Patty Bouvier
- • Selma Bouvier
- • Santa's Little Helper
- • Snowball II
- • Ned Flanders
- • Todd Flanders
- • Principal Seymour Skinner
- • Mr. Dewey Largo
- • Milhouse Van Houten
- • Ralph Wiggum
- • Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns
- • Moe Syzlak
- • Barney Gumble
Plot After Bart's tattoo removal, the Simpsons have no money to buy Christmas presents, when Barney suggests to Homer of getting a job as a Santa down at the mall, and when the pay is only thirteen dollars, Homer and Bart go to the dog track and blow all their money on Number 8, and they go home with the losing dog, known as Santa's Little Helper.A nice introduction. The story progresses rather well, at a nice leisurely rate. It introduces the characters (for those who didn't see the shorts) well, we can understand their personalities well here, that sits well with me. It isn't the funniest of episodes, but it's got an edge to it.
Post New Memorable Quotage
- Bart: Oh please, there's only one fat guy who brings us presents and his name ain't Santa.
- Bart: Hey Milhouse, I dare you to sit on his lap.
Milhouse: Yeah? Well, I dare you to yank his beard off.
Bart: Ahh. Touche.
Post New Allusions
- There's no content for this section submitted yet, click the icon to submit your own!
Post New Trivia
- Marge's name is revealed for the first time
- Marge parks in sector ZZ of the Mall parking lot
- There is a guy in a radiation suit eating donuts
- The house is flipped upside down in one of the final shots
- The elementary school christmas show was rated 3½
Post New Cultural References
- The Santa's of Many Lands is the result of something that happened to Groening when he had to give a report on Christmas in Russia
- Bart revived the old fashioned "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" jingle
- The title is a parody of the song, "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire"
Post New Reviews
Posted on 16 March 2010 by Gars
Disclaimer: The Simpsons is a copyrighted trademark of 20th Century FOX. Any and all content on this site is not authorised by FOX. This site is owned and maintained by Gary M. Gadsdon